Spring is almost here, which means it’s time to get your home in tip-top shape. A good, deep spring cleaning is a tradition that not only promotes wellness by keeping your environment clean and organized, it also helps carry the fresh-start feeling well into the summer.
The Corbella Kitchen & Bath team has the following Spring cleaning tips to share with you.
- As you’ve been hibernating throughout the winter and piling on the sweaters and blankets, there’s a good chance that clutter – and your lists of chores – have been piling up as well. Start small – don’t try to attack your entire house at once. Think about clearing one room, or even one closet, at a time.
- When this is complete, sort it out. Go through your space and separate your belongings into categories. Determine the things you will keep on hand, store for later, sell, donate, or throw away.
Spring Cleaning Overhaul
Once you’ve cleared out the clutter, give your home some much-needed TLC. Your kitchen, bathrooms, bedrooms are high traffic areas, be sure to spend enough time on each of these rooms.
- Empty out your kitchen fridge and thoroughly clean it. Deep clean your oven.
- Sweep under your large appliances, like the stove and the fridge, and larger furniture pieces, like dressers, desks and the beds.
- Clean vinyl or wood blinds and take any curtains or drapes to the cleaners.
- Flip your mattress. Don’t just clean your sheets; wash your pillows and mattress covers as well.
- Deep clean the bathroom. Don’t forget the elbow grease when it comes to the grout and tile!
- After these more thorough tasks, do your usual scrubbing, mopping, dusting, and vacuuming.
- Change or your AC or furnace filters regularly. This will help you reduce the amount of dust particles that build up in your home.
- Scheduling annual maintenance on your HVAC system before the seasonal rush is always a great idea.
- Put the spring back in your dirty keyboards with cotton swabs. If certain keys are sticking, or your entire keyboard just doesn’t have the same pop that it used to, chances are dirt and crumbs are the culprits.
- Your smart devices and tablets most likely need a good cleaning too. Remember to spray the disinfectant spray on a micro-fiber cloth or paper towel first and then wipe the unit!
- Clean the inside and outside of all your windows.
- If it’s warm enough, open the windows and let the fresh air in as you freshen up your home. When your work is done, not only will the sun be shining – your house will too.
Carpets, Rugs and Furnishings
- Have the surfaces in your home like your rugs, carpet, and upholstery professionally cleaned. An expert can remove more dirt and allergens than regular cleaning can achieve. Furthermore, regular care will make them last a lifetime.
Sometimes, even a deep cleaning isn’t enough to refresh a space. If your kitchen or bathroom is waving the white flag, contact Corbella Kitchen & Bath at 904-268-5211. We serve Jacksonville and the surrounding areas and are the company to trust for kitchen remodeling and bathroom remodeling projects.
Sources: Cache Valley Family Magazine and Nationwide