If you’re considering a bathroom remodel for your home, you probably have just as many questions as you do dreams and ideas. Both large and small bathroom spaces can be a lengthy and stressful process, but if you hire the right professionals for the job, you’re more likely to have peace of mind and a better outcome when all is said and done. Read on for our top seven reasons you should hire a professional for your bathroom remodel instead of doing it yourself or relying on someone without the necessary expertise or credentials:
- The end result is likely what you care about most, and with good reason. A professional will be able to offer guidance with selecting the appropriate materials for your home and will be well-versed in the best installation practices that deliver quality results. Hiring a bathroom design professional increases the likelihood that your dreams will become reality, and save you a major headache in the process.
- Hiring the right professionals for the job eases stress and anxiety for you and your family. Professionals will be kind and courteous, respectful of your home and the remodel, and eager to please their clients. A professional will save you countless hours of running to showrooms and educating yourself on the various materials and installation processes needed for your beautiful remodel.
- Hiring the right professionals also protects your hard-earned investment. Choose a licensed contractor who has insurance, and stands behind their work. This protects your home during the work and after completion and leads to greater satisfaction with your bathroom remodel. Don’t choose the first contractor or designer in the phone book: ask for recommendations, speak to friends and family, and above all, ask for a consultation.
- If you have been avoiding a bathroom remodel for years because you’re too busy, partnering with a designer is a huge help as you develop the plan for your project. A design professional can help you sort through the design specs, plumbing and electrical needs, and fun elements like choosing the right paint colors and accessories.
- Bathroom renovations cost is a concern for most homeowners and leads many people to take the DIY route. A bathroom is one of the most complex spaces in your home. Within the remodeling process, you will need to have expertise in plumbing, electrical, waterproofing, and many other trades. Lack of experience can be costly when errors occur and as unexpected challenges or obstacles arise. Invest in the best and hire a design professional to guide you through the renovation process.
- Qualified professionals have an eye for style and design and can help you create the bathroom of your dreams. Your chosen bathroom remodeling professionals will help you choose the perfect vanity and tile, show you how to match grout color, and ensure your bathroom blends trend-proof style with ease-of-use and functionality.
- A design professional works with remodels daily and understands the nuances of form and function. The right professional will understand that every dream bathroom needs to be easy to maintain and clean. Allow your contractor to help you choose the best shower for your family needs, determine the best vanity for your space, and select the flooring that will stand up to years of wear and tear from your family.
Hiring a contractor with a bathroom design professional on staff will reduce your stress and increase your satisfaction during the remodeling process and for years to come. Your time is a valuable resource, and by letting a professional handle the tedious stuff, you can spend more time focusing on the fun aspects of your remodel. If you’re ready to remodel your bathroom or you have questions about the process, contact Corbella Kitchen & Bath today to schedule a free in-home estimate.